Thursday, May 3, 2012

an eggcellent quiche


I know I promised this almost two weeks ago, but where does the time go?
I worked seven straight days in a row and everyday i came home I was too tired to think if ya know what I mean. I made this actually the same day I made
these.

This is a super easy quiche that you can put ANYTHING in.
You can use just veggies, or ham, feta cheese, spinach.
Just use whatever you have on hand.   :)
If you remember back to the
bananas foster bread pudding
there were 3 egg whites I saved.

This is what I used
2 red potatoes, cubed
4 - 6 slices of bacon, cooked
1 (8 or 9-inch) premade pie shell in foil pan
1 cup shredded cheese
2 eggs + 3 egg whites or you can just use 3 whole eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream or you can use 1 cup of milk
1 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning
Preheat your oven to 400
Cube your potatoes, and season with your all purpose seasoning & salt and pepper
you could use any seasonings you want, rosemary, basil, or even some herb de provence.
 Place in microwave safe bowl. Cover potatoes with a damp paper towel and microwave for two minutes. Potatoes should be tender but not falling apart.
Just poke a couple with a knife.
 In your pie shell spread a little of your crumbled bacon & cheese.
I used a "Mexican blend" cheese. I had a giant bag left from taco night.
You could use cheddar, Swiss, or even crumble some American cheese singles.
whatever tickles your fancy.
 Go ahead and put in some of your potatoes and more bacon and more cheese.
just layering a little so you get potato and bacon in each bite.

Whisk up your eggs, and cream and a pinch more seasoning.
If you like a lot of cheese you can add more cheese to the egg mixture,
it's all up to you.
Pour into your pie shell.
Depending on your pie shell the whole mixture may not fit, that's okay.
 Just fill it right up to the crust.
 Place on a baking sheet.
 (just in case you I spill it putting it in the oven.)
Bake 35-40 minutes or until eggs have set.

and  enjoy !
I made this for dinner with homemade chicken noodle soup.

I know every ones weather has been warm lately,
but it was cold and chicken noodle soup always taste good when it's cold.
Here in Michigan our weather is CRAZY !
It went from the 50s to the high 80s within a week.
Lovely I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you !