Wednesday, April 25, 2012

black bottomed cheesecake you make the rockin' world go round

Good afternoon !
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. I've been doing some major cleaning over the past two days since I've had it off of work. Friday we're getting a new refrigerator !! It's a beauty ;)
When we moved into our house 2 1/2 years ago, we had to buy a stove, microwave, and refrigerator among other various new house expenses. Well our current fridge is just too small. I am forever cramming things in. This is it, we shopped around for about a month, and finally made a decision.
Does anyone else get as excited as I do for new appliances?


I made some brownie cheesecake bars earlier
and I had to have a little taste.
mmm mmm mmm

Here's what you'll need.

1 pkg. fudge brownie mix
3 eggs
1 tablespoon of water
2 tablespoons of oil
1 cup chocolate chips
1 pkg. softened cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup of sugar

I used Jiffy fudge brownie mix, you can use whatever brand you want just make sure it's a small package/box not the family size. I live in Michigan so I love to buy Michigan Brands, so that's why I bought it, plus it's inexpensive.




Preheat your oven to 350 and grease a 9 inch square pan.

In a medium bowl, add your brownie mix with 1 egg, 1 tbsp of water, 2 tbsp of oil



and I added a 1/4 tsp of cinnamon it's optional



Add about a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and mix just until everything is combined.

Pour in your prepared 9" pan and spread out evenly.



Now in a large bowl cream your softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 tsp of vanilla with a hand mixer, and then slowly add your two eggs one at a time.



it should be a smooth mixture with little air bubbles.



Go ahead and spread that evenly on your brownie batter,
and then sprinkle with your chocolate chips.
I used mini chocolate chips, but you can use whatever you'd like.
It's just what I already had on hand.



It should look layered in your pan, like so.



Bake for 30-40 minutes
( mine took the whole 40 minutes)
Let it cool and then pop it in the fridge until you're ready to devour ;)



Yum !


Another thought is you can use butterscotch chips, or white chocolate even.
I'm so glad it's only a 9" pan too.
Too many times I'm making things in 13x9 pans
and then I eat more than I should, if you know what I mean.

Well I hope you enjoy the rest of your day !
 Tomorrow I'll show you my easy peasy quiche
( using the leftover egg whites from my Going Bananas! post )


-kerriann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking your time to leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you !